Ultimate solution for clearing history in Windows Picture And Fax Viewer
If you are using Outlook, it will “smartly" keeping all attachments, including pictures, PDF, docs, etc. When you start the Windows Picture And Fax Viewer (“Viewer"), it will reload all images and re-generate the list again and again…….
To solve this, follow the steps below. (make sure that all files stored in the Temp folder are OK to delete!!!)
1. Locate to the below entry in Registry:
(X.X can be 9.0 OR 10.0 OR 11.0 OR 12.0 etc.)
2. Find the key:
3. Note down the value, which is the name of folder, e.g.:
“……\Temporary Internet Files\OLK37\……"
4. copy the full address and start the Windows Explorer, input the address in the address bar, the press “Enter"
5. You will see the full list of file that Outlook is temporary using, which is exactly the same as what Viewer is generating.
6. Delete them all if you like. (make sure that all files stored in the Temp folder are OK to delete!!!)
7. The sky is blue again….the world is quiet again…v(^ ^)